Wednesday, July 06, 2005

On the road to a nice bod!

Well... Finally... The time has come... The inevitable is here...

In the end, my mom has won. After a long time, her persistence has won. I've made appointments at 2 different gyms in search of a well facilitated gym and a personal trainer armed with a whip.

2:30pm - Goodlife Fitness
I actually started leaning towards this gym coz I like this location better. It's situated right above a grocery store. I don't know if that's actually a benefit or a downfall. I like it coz it'll help to prevent my fridge from straving. I am however afraid that grocery shopping after a vigorous workout will cause excessive compulsive buying, especially with my pathetic level of self-control.
Sadly, their score plunged from the second I stepped in. I have decided that I will never join a all-women's gym. I find the staff and environment to be less professional. Plus, this venue is small, not adequately equipped. Did I say I hate it when the sales is only interested in closing the deal and becomes really pushy?

3:30pm - Sports Club of Canada
I already know this club is good coz 2 of my friends go there. I liked it from the moment I stepped in. It was a big place, 3 floors, lots of equipments(where I was told will never become unavailable), friendly staff.
For once, laziness paid off! The fact that I never got around to cancelling my membership at my previous gym helped me get my enrollment fee at this place waived! hee hee..
Because I was referred by a friend, he gets to receive a free gift. Since he may not want it, I may actually get to enjoy the gift! muahahaha!

Since I'm still on my search of greener pastures, I hope to be able to make full use of this free time to really get into shape. Janet Jackson's abs? Angelina Jolie's figure? *wink* What's everyone placing their money on? :P

Life = contradictions...
10yrs ago, I have been told constantly that I was fat and needed to lose weight. 10 yrs later, those same ppl tell me I was perfect then. Can someone please tell me what is the sense in that???

1 Comments:

Blogger the retired sociologist said...

there are no answers to the questions you seek.

we should spur each other on. i for one, am getting tired of my excessive love handles.

ooook too much info there.

11:15 AM, July 21, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home