Sunday, July 10, 2005

Fab time in Montreal

Off we go at 10:30am... 2 hrs later than planned, but that's ok. Traffic was good, ETA 3pm, so we decided to take a side trip to Kingston, home of Queen's University, best of the country. Toured around the city to see where Jenzy went to school! Beautiful little town.

This is my 3rd time in Montreal. It's a french city. En français. Oui oui! I absolutely love this city. Makes me feel like I"m in a totally different country. Kinda like being in Europe I would imagine.

We were recommnended by Jenzy's friend to go have dinner on this lovely street. We were all ready for some French cuisine, but unfortunately, it seems that street was mainly greek cuisine. And of course, we had to choose the worse one!!! Sad beginning of the trip.

Montreal International Jazz Festival

I have to say for a person who's not into Jazz, I had a pretty good time there.
How sad is it for an artist to announce his name before the end of his show, telling people they can find his album in the store at festival, only to find out that none was sold because somehow it wasn't stocked in the store??? Jenzy was impressed by Robertson and had tried without success getting his CD from the festival for the 3 consequtive days we were in Montreal.


DAY 2

Today, I fell in love with the works of a painter. I was never an artsy person, never appreciating art the way some people do. Till today... It seems that this painter only paints cherries! I love eating cherries, but I have never realised how beautiful and rich it can look. Till today... Of course, I couldn't afford the real deal, and yet, I refused to buy the posters. The posters did not capture the essense and beauty of the painter's work. *sigh* On top of that, I've grown out of hanging posters in my house. Those days belongs university days.

Needless to say, this entire trip was filled with lots of eating and I was on a rampage to find lapin (rabbits)! Went around looking at menus, but always disappointed. Asked for a french restaurant, was told it wasn't around the area... how is that possible in a french city?!?! Finally, luck shined on me at the end of the day. At the end of a whole street of Italian restaurants and pubs, there it was, my french restaurant.

I did not enjoy my first french cuisine experience a few years ago, and the cause of that was goose liver. So I told myself I would not even consider that today. Guess what I did? I ordered cow liver! The idiocy doesn't end here. The liver came in a creme brulee style.. *YUCK* I just want to kick myself. Not only did I find it disgusting, it killed my appetite to have Creme Brulee for dessert!

My goal here in Montreal is shopping and clubbing. Little did I know that she was not a clubber and had opted to stay in the hotel room instead.. :( Jenzy and I did not like the club we went very much. Music was excellent, but not the crowd. I had forgotten that it's only smoke-free in Ontario, and that made me realise I've been spoilt and can only club in Ontario from now on.

DAY 3


So far, the summer has been hot and filled with beautiful weather. Till today... I of course did not have the sense to bring an umbrella with me on the trip. I do not have that habit, so why start now? It looked like the rain was not stopping, so I blew $30 on an umbrella! ouch!

Unluckiness continues when we tried to visit the famous Notre Dame church. We were too late yesterday, and today, there was a wedding going on, so we couldn't go in. Maybe God is telling us we should attend the church service tomorrow(Sunday) morning! :P

Last night we satisfied my rabbit cravings, and tonight it's Fondue! I had WAY TOO MUCH cheese and bread... I think fondue can only be a appetizer for me, not as a main course.. Did you know that there's wine in the fondue cheese? Jenzy, the wine connoisseur among us couldn't for the life of him taste the wine in it! Shall I just say that we joked about that for the rest of the trip? heh heh...

DAY 4

For lunch today, I actually ordered a french onion soup(had chesse on top) and the 4 cheese rotolo! I shall be staying off chesse for quite some time! I guess it's obvious that I hadn't made the smartest food choices.

Loved my time in Montreal, but I was not sad to leave it today. Looking forward to the next trip here though. On this trip, lots of money was spend on food and shopping(mainly accessoriess).

Goodbye Montreal

http://photobucket.com/albums/a6/ming_liew/Montreal/

1 Comments:

Blogger the retired sociologist said...

looks like you had a good time there. and OMG you are so tanned!!

1:26 AM, August 01, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home