Tuesday, May 09, 2006

Death by "Death"

"Death"... not to be taken lightly.
"Death"... brought me near to tears.
"Death"... definitely hard to swallow.
"Death"... the level of spiciness of the wings I had tonight.

Friend in town, and out for wings we went. Duff's famous wings.
Boy oh boy, I have never had anything this spicy! Not even "The world's spiciest chilli sauce" I had in Taiwan years ago. The problem with tonight's wings, the spice was just pure pain. It doesn't taste good. Anyone who loves spicy food knows the difference between "spicy and yummy" from "painfully spicy". Crazy part of it all, at 500,000 heat units, "Death" wasn't even the highest level offered at the restaurant! "Armageddon" was the highest, coming in at 850,000 heat units!!!

People who knows me knows that I love spicy food. But sadly, I have to admit that I could not even finish one wing. Looking around on the walls in the restaurant, there is a wall of fame. This one guy is at the top of the chart for 2 different categories:
1. 86 wings in 1hr
2. 60 Aarmageddon wings

This guy either has no palate in his mouth, or has an amazing tolerance of pain! If it's the latter, kudos to you my hero!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home