Tuesday, September 20, 2005

Metabolism Rate

So when I went to check out Sports Club of Canada before joining, a trainer had told me that they have this device at the club that can test a person's metabolism rate in 10mins! Interesting!

Finally after bugging my trainer for some time, we finally set a day(today) to find out my metabolism rate! I'm really curious.

It was a small little device, with a mouthpiece into which I have to breath, not using my nose, for 15 full minutes. Sitting there, looking like an idiot, trying to make conversation with my trainer, with a nose pincher making me look even sillier... 15 mins later, the mystery is revealed.

If I were to wake up in the morning, NOT do a single thing, sit absolutely still on the couch watching tv all day, I would burn 1700+ Calories. My trainer says he burns about 2400 Cal per day, so I guess my rate isn't that great. Seeing as though I have to move around during my waking hours, that means, in order for me to lose weight, I have to ingest about 1700 calories or less per day... Doesn't seem too difficult right? We'll see...

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

7:18 PM, October 08, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

7:19 PM, October 08, 2005  
Blogger the retired sociologist said...

what's the average metabolic rate? gee now i'm curious abt mine. heh.

9:23 AM, October 10, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home