Saturday, July 16, 2005

Tough Luck

Had to go for a friend's birthday celebrations. Dinner was to be at Milestones. Fell in love with that restaurant when I went there years ago. Since there it has yet to live up to my first experience. I had attributed it to the fact that I've been going to it's other branches.

Finally, I have the chance to go back to the original location. Apparently they do not take reservations for after 6pm, however they can put you on the waiting list. Birthday boy was the organizer had called a week in advance to be put on the waiting list. Called a couple times during the week to confirm date and time. Did the same thing on the day of.

We arrived slight after 7:30pm which was the time promised by restaurant. There was no seats for us, said they had us down for 8:30pm. We weren't happy, but didn't have a choice. 8:30pm came by and left... still no table. 9pm. Tick tock, tick tock... 10pm... restaurant offered a round of free drinks. Not a good idea for me to drink when I've no food in my stomach. Hungry... We started to inquire about availability at restaurant on opposite side of street.

Finally we got seated at 10pm. Party had to be separated into 2 tables. Free appetizers were brought to us. I sat at the table with the birthday boy, and I can't believe the other table go served with their food before us!!! Wondered if restaurant was trying to cut down on their electric bill coz the a/c had been shut down for quite some time. We were hot! Birthday boy unbuttoned his shirt, exposing his not so flattering undershirt. Not a pleasant sight. Looks like an ah-pek... :P

Before sitting down, I had informed our waiter that it was my friend's birthday. He said he felt really bad that things turned out this way, and will do his best to make it good. When he brought a slice of free cake for bday boy, there was no candle and no entourage singing a birthday song. Was that his standard of "making it good"???

No need to say, everyone was upset and disappointed. Killed the mood for the celebrations. I was also disappointed at my 2nd experience with this restaurant that I once had a great impression of.... *sigh*

http://www.kodakgallery.com/BrowsePhotos.jsp?&collid=94184301209

The night was saved by me going to the Asian night market with 2 of my friends (all 3 of us didn't join bday boy for clubbing. Felt bad, but rather not be bored). We had Stinky Tofu there.. yum!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home