Thursday, September 08, 2005

International Cuisine

Many a times I have heard people around me comment that they love Toronto because one can find almost any type of cuisine here. I've never paid too much attention to it. Maybe because subconsciously, I refuse to believe Toronto can be better than Singapore in any way, especially in terms of food.

Sadly, I must admit one can really find almost any kind of cuisine here. However, it is sad that Canada has no food they can call their own. Today, for the 2nd time, I had Ethiopian food for dinner. It was great, and I don't remember seeing any Ethiopain restaurants in Singapore. Anyone?

Although I must say, I would rather be dining in Singapore any day! Think of all the yummy and cheap hawker food I can get my hands on there. Granted that I can find Singaporean/Malaysian restaurants there, NONE can even come close to make me want to revisit those restaurants. They can't even replicate a simple Hokkien Mee?!?! Even if they are from Singapore or Malaysia! How is that possible?

Well, everything happens for a reason. So maybe it's good that I can't find good Singaporean food in this town of international cuisine. It keeps me yearning for home, and it gives me pleasure of satisfaction when I'm there. :)

Till next time, memories of hokkien mee, satay and roti prata will have to suffice. :P

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

7:46 PM, September 13, 2005  
Blogger the retired sociologist said...

oh you got spammed too.

actually food in spore is getting damn boring cos you see the same type of food replicated in food courts and hawker centres.

10:43 PM, September 13, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home