Wednesday, July 27, 2005

Gifts... thoughtful or thoughtless?

I have never realised that 3 of my friends have birthdays that are lined up 3 days consecutively! Not only is it a strain on the wallet, but the bigger evil is the strain on the efforts to find the perfect gift.

With the popularity of gift certificates rising, it has made people lazy, and gifts thoughtless. Although a gift certificate is much more welcomed than a gift that isn't liked, I strongly believe one would much rather receive a gift that can blow you away. Or seeing some thought being put into the purchase makes the receiver feel happy and special! At least that's the case for me.

A friend once told me she has been observing me and paying attention to things I say for some time, and came to a conclusion on what gift to get me. I was deeply touched!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home