Tuesday, August 16, 2005

Dempster face?

Stepping out of a store on Queen Street, Dory and I got stopped by these 2 girls. They work for Dempsters Bread and are looking for people to appear on their commercial. They just want to take a polaroid shot of us, with a short video clip of us saying what makes us smile. Dory was all up for it, and I on the other hand was hesitant. IF selected, a pay of up to $2000 will be given! That convinced me.

I smile alot in general, but for me to pinpoint one thing that makes me smile it's not that easy. And I didn't wanna say anything common. After it was done, it occured to me that I should have said "Being tortured by my personal trainer makes me smile!" :P

This is a picture of us smiling. Is it Dempster worthy?

Dory was called back for a tryout a week later. She faltered when asked to do a little acting. *sigh* we both lost out on a potential windfall..

What did I get out of this experience?
Something I can think back on and smile! An experience I know Dory and I will talk about in years to come.
On top of that, I bought a spectacular dress for a spectacular price on the day we got spotted. And I bought a dress I can now call "my little black dress" (something all girls seem to own) on the day Dory went down for her tryout. The dress was very cheap as well!
So all in all, I'm satisfied! :)

2 Comments:

Blogger the retired sociologist said...

cute pic =)
dang i need my own black dress! not too little though.

woah $2000 would have been fab!

2:00 AM, August 31, 2005  
Blogger Ming said...

*sigh* yes.. the money would have been fab.. but obviously neither of us were Dempster worthy... *sob sob*

As for my dress, it's not too little.. Until I start seeing excellent results from my training sessions, my dresses will not be too little! hee hee... We'll see when the time comes for our reunion next year!

11:26 PM, September 08, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home