Tuesday, August 09, 2005

Lost of voice

Horrific experience. Once you feel the onset of a sore throat, you know it's too late. This was me last week.

Went into Devil's Martini on August 5th fine, but left sounding like a frog. That's the price of going crazy, trying to talk and sing and yell in a club with an already complaining throat.

Continued to torture it all day on Saturday... Since it was my birthday, I couldn't not show up! At the end of the night, I had to really strain my throat just to talk...

Sunday morning, August 7th... woke up at 10am. OMG! ABSOLUTELY NO SOUND IS COMING OUT OF MY MOUTH!!! Drowned myself with water followed by series of throat clearing attempts. Still no voice. 11am comes around. Phone rang. Lina is calling. I couldn't pick up the phone since it'll be pointless. Right after that, phone rang again. Thought it just Lina calling for the 2nd time to leave a message. Nope.. it was Jenzy. A 3rd call followed immediately. Naomi. Sunday mornings were never this exciting for me. When did I become so popular? Thank God for small miracles. SMS! Messaged the 3 callers, telling them that I wasn't trying to be rude by avoiding their calls, but that I have lost my voice. :(

Hours passed, panic sets in. Never had a sore throat that leaves me voiceless. SOUNDLESS! Not for a prolong period of time anyways. Finally at 2pm, I could squeeze out a word or 2 at a time. Not what I hope, but a wave of relief swept through me. Pheeww... My fear of permanently losing my voice is not happening.

Monday morning, the same cycle began.. Woke up with no voice. Getting ready for my training session. Trainer calls telling me he would like to postpone the session to the afternoon. I'm happy, but i wanted to cancel it. Don't think it'll be as beneficial if I couldn't speak. :P SMS to the rescue once again.
When Jocelyn emailed me to see if we're still on for our regular monday evening walk/jog today, I told her no running, but I'm definitely up for some walking, but I just won't be talking. It all worked out fine coz Jocelyn seems to be in a rather talkative mood today.

Tuesday August 9th
HAPPY BIRTHDAY SINGAPORE!
Farewell dinner for a friend was arranged, but plans fell through. Called Jenzy telling him to go for dinner with me anyways since there's no power in my building, meaning I couldn't cook or heat up any food. He asked "What do you feel like having?" I replied saying I'm down for whatever that's not spicy since my throat isn't doing too well. He said he'll think about it and call me back.

Well... Jenzy being the smart guy that he is called back and asked "How about Mexican? In the review it says they have 2 awesome hot sauce, one green and one red." Wow... my dear friend is so thoughtful! Mexican food = spicy food! Not to mention the display of the 2 hot sauce is just gonna be there on the table to tempt me! Which Singaporean can say no to spicy food? :P He obviously wants to kill me.

Cold drinks should be avoided.. but the Margaritta was just too tempting. Yum... best margaritta I've ever had! My theory, the alcohol will kill the germs! muahahaha!

As for my poor throat, it was many days later before it no longer took alot of effort for me to talk. But to the relieve of many, I still had problems singing...

3 Comments:

Blogger the retired sociologist said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

7:08 AM, August 29, 2005  
Blogger the retired sociologist said...

boil black bumblebee from the chinese medicine shop. your voice will come back instantly. i kid you not! rem those days when i had to do lots of shouting and camping? yeah that's when i lost mine. and i didnt realise i had drunk bumblebee till i looked in the dustbin and saw them there. sneaky parents! it had a sourish-bitter taste =)

*haha deleted the comments cos it had grammatical errors. eh hope its fine now.*

7:10 AM, August 29, 2005  
Blogger Ming said...

Yes.. I remember those days! Just glad you're not yelling at me! haha...
Good thing I have recovered! But will definitely keep it in mind for a next time. Keeping my fingers crossed!
I know honey is good for the throat, but i guess using the bee would be even better!

9:04 PM, August 30, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home